Hunting in a Farmer’s World Book by John F. Dini
Hunting in a Farmer’s World is the book that celebrates the differences that drive entrepreneurs. It is filled with the stories of real business owners who overcame real challenges; including those that accompany success.
John F. Dini draws on thousands of hours of face to face coaching with entrepreneurs, using the personal true stories of successful owners to drive home the challenges, rewards, exhilaration and terror of being a business owner.
If you want to know what makes an entrepreneur, what entrepreneurs do, what they don’t do, whether you’re wasting your time and money posing as one, or if you actually possess the primordial “hunter” DNA to be one, congratulations… you’ve come to the right place. –Jim Blasingame, Host of The Small Business Advocate® Show
Business Owners are Different
From the ambition that captures an entrepreneur and drives him to take the plunge of starting up, to the unexpected pitfalls of runaway success, Hunting in a Farmer’s World examines why business owners are different from the people who work for them. Small business owners make up 3% of America’s population, but they create two-thirds of the new jobs in our economy. They are hunters, and hunters have provided for others for thousands of years.
Entrepreneurs Build Companies with Vision
Management books tell entrepreneurs how to become farmers. They try to teach hunters to run their businesses using a farming cycle. Ancient farming wisdom has been translated into the modern day management tasks of planning, budgeting, standardizing, and measuring. Entrepreneurs hunt. They don’t manage. They explore rather than analyze. They build companies with vision, creativity and tenacity; not with policies and procedures.
This Book Celebrates Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs are the hunters of the 21st century. If you take on the responsibilities and risks of owning a business, at least it should be fun. You deserve to run a business in a way that makes sense to you. It’s time to stop reading management books, and read an ownership book. View Excerpts >>
Awards and Recognition
- 2014 Best Business Book Winner New York Book Festival
- 2014 National Silver Medalist Independent Publisher Book Awards
- Finalist General Business Category 2014 International Book Awards
- Finalist Entrepreneurship/Small Business National Indie Excellence Book Awards
- Finalist Business/Leadership Colorado Independent Publishers Assoc. EVVY
- Finalist Business: Enterpreneurship & Small Business USA Best Books Awards
- 2nd Runner Up in Management Small Business Trends’ Business Book Awards
- Honorable Mention in Business Category 2014 San Francisco Book Festival
- Honorable Mention in Business Category Great Midwest Book Festival
- Honorable Mention in Business Category Southern California Book Festival
- Honorable Mention in Business Category London Book Festival
- Honorable Mention in Business Category New England Book Festival
- More >>